Who Created Therapy Blogging 101?
Hey! We’re Chanda and Meredith, and we’re PTs who began our blogs as hobbies and then found ourselves immersed in a whole new world of online entrepreneurship. We have learned a lot and made a lot of mistakes along the way, so we’re here to help you build, grow, and monetize your own blog—without making the same mistakes we did!
Chanda Jothen, PT, DPT
Chanda Jothen, PT, DPT runs Pink Oatmeal, a website that caters to pediatric therapy providers and teachers. She grew the site from a blog with recipes, baby information, and random lifestyle tips to a leading provider of movement resources with over 150,000 visitors per month!
- Lives in Minneapolis
- Has 3 kids
- Loves dogs
- Loves margaritas
- Makes a full-time living on her blog
- Works part-time hours
- Has run Pink Oatmeal since 2014
- Hates cooking (despite the fact that she has this hilarious recipe from the early days of her blog!)
Meredith Castin, PT, DPT
Meredith Castin, PT, DPT runs The Non-Clinical PT, a website that caters to PT, OT, and SLP professionals who want to use their skills and education in non-clinical careers. She grew the site from a one-page resource devoted to helping others who felt like black sheep, to the #1 resource with over 35,000 visitors per month!
- Lives in San Diego
- Has 3 cats (and created a whole rock opera about them!)
- Loves hiking, horror movies, and making music
- Loves margaritas
- Makes a full-time living on her blog + freelance writing
- Works full-time hours
- Has run The Non-Clinical PT since 2017
- Hates onions
Why the difference in numbers?
Great question! Chanda sells lower-priced items to larger amounts of people and Meredith sells a mix of lower and mid-priced items to a smaller group of people! Chanda has also been in business longer. Meredith aspires to work part-time hours…soon… 🙂
Why learn from us?
- Proven success. We’ve both built highly profitable blogs with a strong focus on integrity. We both put principle over profit, and we still make a great living from our blogs. Chanda makes six figures year on PinkOatmeal.com and Meredith makes six figures per year between running The Non-Clinical PT and freelancing 1 day per week.
- Blogs that generate income. We’re not part of any multi-level-marketing (MLM) program where we get money from recruiting you. We can’t stand when people act like they’re successful but are really just in a pyramid scheme, and make all their money from convincing you to join.
- Therapists who learned to sell. We both were terrified of selling. So we had to learn how to take our innate sales skills we learned in the clinic and transfer them to online sales. And that’s why we both take an organic and consultative approach to sales. We’re not about pushing things down anyone’s throat, but we do know how to educate people into taking action.
- Integrity. We deliberately put out lots of free content and don’t charge a lot for our course. We’re not out to get rich from your dreams. We made this a low-cost course because we know that therapists aren’t exactly living high on the hog, and on the of chance that you’re not enjoying the whole blogging thing, you won’t have invested a ton of money to find that out.
- One-stop shop. We’re not going to bait you with an affordable course, then upsell you like crazy. Others are perfectly willing to charge you thousands, then continue to upsell you the entire time they “coach” you. We’ll point you in the direction of recommended resources when you really need them, but our goal is to make this course as comprehensive as possible for you.
- Work less and earn more. We believe all roads lead to passive income. Many people promise passive income, but you’ll really wind up being a slave to your blog. We know you’re here because you want work-life balance, and we teach you how to create products and services people want, as well as strategies to deliver your offerings passively.
We’re passionate about helping others take their rehab skills and knowledge and use them in an entirely new way. We’re excited to help you on your journey!